New Years Resolution Blog
It's exciting and maybe a little bit scary, but its true - 2021 is here!
If you stop by Simplicity before January 8th and add your resolution to our wall we'll give you 21% off your purchase- only an online shopper? Email us a video of you stating your resolution and we will send you a coupon code.
We are sending positive vibes, light & love to the world! Did you already set a resolution or two? If not - it's not too late.
Cliche or not, deciding to be better is great.
We've compiled a list of some easy, achievable, worthy resolutions.
- Drink more water. This was my resolution for 2020 and I'm telling you it is a #GAMECHANGER. The easiest way for me was to physically track my daily water intake.
- Move more - sit less. Between working from home and 2020 taking everyones motivation away, it's important to get up and move. Set an alarm on your phone to get up every hour, start your day with a walk, or a brief yoga practice, or get back to your favorite fitness class- your body & mind will thank you.
- Volunteer more. If you are looking for a great volunteer opportunity speak to Nicole about getting involved in Hope On A Mission. A local non profit here in Poughkeepsie, NY serving the homeless & addicted community with dignity & grace. Nicole sits on the board and will be happy to get you involved.
- Wake up at the same time everyday & stick to it ! It will improve your sleep quality. Don't opt to sleep in on the weekends - the early bird catches the worm.
- Develop a skin care routine. Don't know where to start? Visit our new neighbor in the plaza Fresh Face Skincare & Laser & let Nicole help you. No-no not me, Nicole Camillucci is the owner of the spa & one of the best in the industry.
- Keep your closet refreshed. Whenever you purchase something new, remove something old from your home. Nothing comes in without something leaving, this is inspired by one of our shoppers Deb & she has it calculated to a science. Consign your old items with us - You’ll end up saving money, making money and decreasing clutter in your life. Win-win!
- Make a commitment to buy second hand. Making a commitment to buy second hand not only is a smart financial move, and will increase flexibility in your budget, but its a great way to support your local community, do a little good for the earth, and pick up some fashion finds no one else is bound to have.
- Prioritize self care - Pick something that recharges your batteries BIG time and pencil it in on your calendar. Self care may look different for each of us, but we all need it and it tends to be the easiest thing to cross off our to-do list. This year prioritize yourself.
- Cook a new recipe each week. We so often get in the habit of making the same thing for dinner over and over again - sure, its the easiest but this way will be so much more fun. Plan your month of new recipes in advance and get the whole family involved. Even better if you can pick up your ingredients from a local farm or farmers market.
- Be more present. How exactly do you do that? Celebrate tiny joys. Listen without intending to respond. Feel your feelings. Reduce distractions. Unplug
& lastly..... "WEAR SUNSCREEN" - Baz Luhramann